Showing Collections: 1 - 5 of 5
Identifier: AC 33
Abstract This collection gathers primary and secondary source materials regarding Beloit College's involvement in the Civil War. Of particular note are the lists of Beloit College students and faculty who fought in the war, historical sketches of the era, correspondence between college community members during and about the war, and photographs of soldiers.
Dates: Majority of material found within 1854-1965, 2005
Identifier: MC 002
Abstract Edward Dwight Eaton was the second president of Beloit College, serving two separate terms, 1886-1905 and 1907-1917. This collection gathers his personal and Beloit College-related correspondence, correspondence with his family, some biographical materials, inauguration documents, a few news clippings, some of his and his family's writings, and his Alumni Office file.
Dates: Other: Date Not Yet Determined
Identifier: AC 53
Abstract This collection gathers original, photocopies, and transcripts of meetings minutes of the conventions from which arose the founding of Beloit College. These include the four conventions held from August, 1844 through October, 1845, the last of which produced a charter and an elected board of trustees. Other materials include Professor Robert K. Richardson's transcripts and notes regarding these conventions and earlier ones held by various groups such as the Presbyterian and Congregational...
Identifier: AC 60
Abstract This collection gathers journal articles, newspaper clippings, student papers, speeches, and other documents that give historical accounts of Beloit College. Most of the histories focus on the founding of the college through rest of the 19th century, and many were written by Beloit College administrative staff, faculty, and alumni.
Identifier: MC 90
Abstract Robert K. Richardson served as a history professor for Beloit College in the early to mid-20th century, using a significant portion of his time to establish and manage the Beloit College archives. Additionally, with much help from his wife, he spent his retirement writing a revised and updated History of Beloit College. This collection represents the extensive work he did for that publication, as well as Richardson's personal life and career in higher education.
- Subject: Richardson, Robert Kimball, 1876-1952 X
- Chapin, Aaron L. (Aaron Lucius), 1817-1892 4
- Eaton, Edward Dwight, 1851-1942 3
- Chamberlin, Thomas C. (Thomas Chrowder), 1843-1928 2
- Collie, George L. (George Lucius), b. 1857 2
- Irrmann, Robert H. 2
- Maurer, Irving, 1879-1942 2
- Richardson, Helen L. D. 2
- Beloit College--Buildings 1
- Blaisdell, J. J. (James Joshua), 1827-1896 1
- Blaisdell, James Arnold, 1867-1957 1
- Chapin, Robert Coit, b. 1863 1
- Christie, Thomas 1
- Congregationalism 1
- Densmore, Hiram D. (Hiram Delos), 1862- 1
- Emerson, Joseph, 1821-1900 1
- Lathrop, Stanley Edwards, 1843-1927 1
- Pearsons, D. K. (Daniel Kimball), 1820-1912 1
- Phi Beta Kappa 1
- State Historical Society of Wisconsin 1
- United States--History--Civil War, 1861-1865--Regimental histories--Wisconsin. 1
- United States--History--Civil War, 1861-1865. 1
- Upton, Miller, 1916-2005 1 ∧ less