Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
Identifier: AC 24
Overview This collection is comprised of materials related to the planning, construction, dedication, and renovations of, as well as articles and correspondence about various buildings at Beloit College. Buildings represented in the collection include but are not limited to: Carnegie Library/World Affairs Center (WAC), Chamberlin Hall of Science/Mayer Hall, Chapin Hall, Eaton Chapel, Emerson Hall, Field House/Sports Center, Memorial Hall/Logan Museum of Anthropology, Middle College, Morse-Ingersoll...
Identifier: MC 81
Overview Daniel Kimball Pearsons was a successful businessman who, in 1889, donated $100,000 to Beloit College, the first of many donations to the college and to many small, independent colleges throughout the nation. By the time of his death nearly 23 years later, Pearsons had given more than $5 million to higher education, $500,000 of which went to Beloit College. These donations allowed the college to, among other things, build a new science building, named Pearsons Hall of Science, and which now...
Identifier: MC 90
Overview Robert K. Richardson served as a history professor for Beloit College in the early to mid-20th century, using a significant portion of his time to establish and manage the Beloit College archives. Additionally, with much help from his wife, he spent his retirement writing a revised and updated History of Beloit College. This collection represents the extensive work he did for that publication, as well as Richardson's personal life and career in higher education.
- Subject: Beloit College--Buildings X